Speech Communications and Smart Interactions Laboratory
- Speech Technology and Smart Interactions Laboratory
- Speech Recognition Laboratory
- Speech Acoustics Laboratory
About the Speech Technology and Smart Interactions Laboratory
This laboratory has ever since been active in practically all the important fields of speech processing. It is one of the outstanding speech research groups of Central-Europe, hosting the Eurospeech conference in 1999. The acting leaders of STL are Dr. Géza Németh and Dr. Gábor Olaszy.
The Laboratory is active in the whole scale of the innovation chain: from basic research through experimental prototypes to industrial grade software development. Approximately 70% of its' funding comes from international and national research projects, and industrial contracts.
About our R&D
Major research fields
- Unit selection speech synthesis
- HMM speech recognition and synthesis
- Language modeling
- Prosody modeling
- Speech acoustics (e.g. features for emotion perception and expression)
- Server-based speech information systems
- Mobile multi-modal user interfaces